ON NOSTALGIA

 


A painting which I drew when I was in 10th grade, I don't know its origin or who painted it but Its a significant painting for me that brings back old memories.

    The first events of things always stay in one’s mind no matter what happens. I recall my first girlfriend, just checked my old messages and oh boy don’t I miss her and those times. However  I mostly miss those times since If I ever come across with her at any time right now, maybe I won’t feel the same like I did years back. What makes me sad is that we drift away from people after sometime. High school, gone. University, will be gone in 1.5 years maybe. It’s always depressing to take place in something that’s ending. It happened for sometime but It has to end eventually. That feeling I cannot describe. It is like a worm eating me from inside. The scare of things ending Its both horrifying and saddening. One day will come and all will end. I remember my graduation for example, those times are gone and will never come back If only I can live some moments for the last time one more time… Nights like these are sometimes unbearable, they wont pass until you sleep and wake up to a brand new day. Nostalgia for me is not happy, it’s sad. It’s a message that time passes and never forgets what’s been done in the past and what you have lost from yourself. Remember to live moments fully and wholeheartedly because one day will be those days tomorrow.


I would also like to thanks my high school friends for bringing back memories and even at first, making me re-live those moments. We were just kids back in those days but those times were valuable times, times that were unique and can never be lived later on. Even though all that has happened whether good or bad, I am happy that I experienced these and lived them.


                                                                                                                            14/03/2024


Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar